Thursday, December 8, 2011

Mason Jar Magnificence


Lately, I've come across many photos of blue mason jars used in creative ways. I've seen the mason jar trend happening for awhile, but I'm very partial to the blue ones!  They are great for everyday use or for styling at weddings and events.  Here are some of my favorite photos:

Mason Jars as Vases
Flowers are pretty however you use them, but make them even prettier with blue vintage mason jars!




Mason Jar Luminaries
If you want your room or event to have a nice blue glow, put some candles in mason jars and set them on your tables. Or, stuff some white Christmas lights into the jar for a cool effect.



Photos in a Jar
This is such a unique way to display your pictures - you guessed it - in a jar!


3 comments:

  1. I have a question about string lights in a mason jar, how are we doing this? Are they battery operated lights or plug in and what is a good way to conceal the plug so it looks better? any suggestions please =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Anonymous:
    Don't you just love how you commented on someone's blog and they haven't the decency to respond? I am erked on your behalf. Anyway, I had this same question and after researching more online, the easiest thing to do is simply to let the cord hang over the top. Depending on where you put the jars, I'd imagine that the cord wouldn't really be seen, so no biggie. Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry it's taken me so long to respond! I would just put the jars in a corner and have the cord hang out the back. Or, if it had to be visible, I would try wrapping it in something pretty - maybe twine or embroidery floss or yarn. Then you wouldn't have to worry about it being seen :)

    ReplyDelete